Useful Contacts

Town Council Offices

The Town Council offices can be located in Arlebury Park off The Avenue and are open to the public on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays between the hours of 11.00am and 1.00pm. 

You can contact us on 01962 732079, or by sending an email to

Anti-social behaviour

You can report anti-social behaviour by calling 101.

Winchester City Council’s Neighbourhood Services Officer- Anto Social Behaviour 01962 840222

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice Bureau can be reached on 03444 111306.


The Alresford Surgery can be reached on 01962 732345.

Dog fouling

Alresford has been an area with some irresponsible dog owners for a few years. Winchester City Council (WCC) do carry out occasional patrols in the area but it is difficult to catch offenders. Offenders need to be identified.

You are asked to provide names and addresses of owners where they fail to clear up after their dog has fouled a public area. You can contact WCC on 01962 848350 during office hours, or Email. You can also find some information on their website. Fixed fines of £50 can be issued by the Dog Warden or up to £1000 if taken further for prosecution.

Health: non-emergencies

For non-emergency health problems, you can call 111.

Lost property

Lost property found at any of the Recreation sites should be handed in at the Council Offices which is located in the Alresford Recreation Centre, Arlebury Park off The Avenue. We currently hold a number of lost items so please either drop in or telephone the office if you think you may have lost something on any of the Recreation Grounds.


For any issues relating to parking, please contact the Parking Office at Winchester City Council on 01962 848 346.

Roads – Potholes

You can use  or contact Hampshire County Council 0300 555 1375 for the easiest way to report potholes and to get them fixed.